Wednesday 29 January 2014

The end is nigh!

My edit is complete, and is now awaiting the accompanying essay. The editing process for me, has been the most fun part of this entire production. I've always had a passion for editing but I feel this was a new experience for me, mainly because it was new software that I'd never used before, but I hadn't done a project like this before.
















Trust me, it's much simpler than it looks... Maybe? Here I'm adding filters to a clip that is part of a montage. Filters can be agonizing if you (like me) are only adding them after having your rough cut submitted, so any jump cuts you added must be filtered and matched up to each other so as to keep the continuity!

Filters can also be extremely fun to experiment with. For this particular project I wanted the colours in the studio to really pop and stand out, so increasing the contrast and lowering the brightness ever so slightly really helped, add a little colour correction and hey presto!

The finished product will be put up here for all to see very soon hopefully! Hand-in is tomorrow so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment